Organic Business Development:
From the moment an idea for a business is conceived, Adbongo has products and services that will grow your idea like a weed!
INITIAL BUSINESS CONSULTATION: $99
During this consultation, Adbongo provides all the information an entrepreneur needs for DIY (Do-It-Yourself) development. This consultation option lasts one hour and can be conducted face-to-face or via Skype, a teleconferencing option which gives us the potential to serve both local and national clients.
We provide a virtual notebook prior to the hour consultation so that the client can review and formulate questions. This notebook includes information sheets and worksheets which inform the client and help them make choices regarding subjects such as:
- how to decide the appropriate form of ownership
- how to determine whether or not there is a market for the business
- how to approach business plan writing and more.
This consultation covers the importance of developing a cohesive marketing strategy right from the start so that the brand, including logo, website and all future marketing efforts, send a unified message to potential customers.
If the client is satisfied with this business consultation and refers friends or family to Adbongo, then we give a 10% discount on all future products and services which may be purchased over the course of one entire year.
INVENTOR’S CONSULTATION: $99
This service offers the same structure and benefits as the Initial Business Consultation listed above, but it includes information specific to fledgling inventors. The paperwork includes information about how to get patents, trademarks or copyrights plus entrepreneurial ideas for the non-customer based business.
“ROCKET BOOSTERS” BUSINESS CONSULTING RETAINER OPTION
While the Initial Business Consultation option described above is a one-time, one hour consult designed to teach the client how to start their business, the Rocket Boosters retainer option is the choice for the client who wants us to use a more hands-on approach. With this option, clients hire Adbongo for an extended period of time (the contract can be tailored to each client’s needs, but Adbongo recommends a minimum contract of three months), during which Adbongo walks the client through the business development process, step-by-step.
The “Rocket Boosters” package is our ultimate offering. It includes everything from website and social networking maintenance to copy writing for newsletters, blogs and press releases to production of TV commercials and video blogs and more. (Depending upon budget and needs, client can elect to forgo particular services included in the “Rocket Boosters” package).
Our “Rocket Boosters” package includes:
- Initial market research. Locally, we examine the competition’s products, services, styles, prices and marketing along with any other relevant factors. Nationally and internationally, we siphon through various big name sales sites to find out what the market is doing, and we use software to break down the level of internet competition the client faces with hard data.
- Focus groups. We facilitate research via focus groups. If, for example, our client is opening a restaurant, we can arrange for a focus group to give feedback on the restaurant’s theme or menu before the client invests money in an idea that isn’t popular.
- Legal structure. We provide information so the client can determine which type of ownership would be most beneficial for the particulars of the situation and then help obtain the appropriate paperwork. If trademarks or copyrights are needed, we can help facilitate the process. Also, if the client’s business is eligible for certifications, such as minority-owned, veteran-owned, female-owned, DBE or HUB, we can assist.
- Accounting Counsel. It is important for clients to set up user-friendly but professionally-guided accounting systems before opening day. We contract with accounting professionals who can implement solid, workable systems for our clients.
- Project Management System. Adbongo can install and train managers on Basecamp project management system which facilitates easy communication and collaboration among staff, with customers or with Adbongo if such a system is relevant to the particular business in question.
- Creative Staffing Solutions. Some businesses may benefit from creative staffing, or the use of talented contractors. Our target market- small to mid-sized businesses- oftentimes cannot afford to pay full-time staff for all of the skillsets they may only occasionally need to use. Adbongo can advise and coordinate the use of such contractors to help clients keep overhead low without compromising capabilities.
- Business Plan Consultations. Adbongo acts as both guide and assistant to our client during the business plan writing process. Adbongo believes it is important for the client to engage in this process because the ideas hashed out during this experience are essential for the success of the business. The client needs to brainstorm and flesh out the body of their business dream so that it might become their right reality. However, Adbongo is available to act as a tutor, explaining the questions and prodding the client to produce answers. We also act as assistants in that we can perform research using our software programs, and we can connect clients with our accounting and legal experts to help with pertinent questions in those fields.
- Marketing and advertising plans. We call the process by which we initiate and develop marketing and advertising plans “Organic Business Consulting.”
About Organic Business Consulting:
We grow ideas by utilizing:
*Strategy based on research
*Creative execution based on strategy
*Teams tailored to clients’ budget and needs
We fertilize innovation by:
*Keeping overhead low, giving brilliant minds with not-so-deep pockets access to high tier initiatives
*Staying limber, our business model is designed to stretch and flex with clients’ needs, which crucial in this economic climate
Logos, business cards, letterhead, websites, the look and feel of the physical business building, social networking profiles, the staff’s dress code,- all these plus countless other details should be determined based on a meticulously researched, well-coordinated plan, the result of the Organic Advertising process.
Once we’ve written a client’s long-term marketing and advertising plans, Adbongo then creates tracking systems so that we have data showing the effectiveness of each marketing or advertising effort.
Our marketing and advertising plans may include specific recommendations and goals regarding:
During this stage, we execute the following (assuming relevance to the particular business. May include additional items as well):
*guerilla marketing stunts.
*social media accounts
*client management system which makes it easy to track client contact information, birthdays, favorite colors, shoe sizes, favorite desserts, etc.
*preview discounts or free trials
*traditional advertising mediums including radio, TV, magazines and billboards
*set up to allow others to offer online affiliate ads for client’s products
*creation of blog and/or website. Design and copy writing services available.
*monetize client’s website or blog
*create video blog or clips and set up distribution channels, such as YouTube, Ustream or iTunes podcasts. Production assistance and script help available.
*create newsletter. Copy writing available.
Grand Opening party: we help throw an amazing party.
Transition to long-term profitability: After the dust has settled from opening day and business owners are comfortable with accounting, staffing and other daily operations Adbongo may have helped establish (one month to three months after opening, unless the client needs extra help), the client is ready to graduate to the Business Development: Established Businesses category of Adbongo’s Products and Services.
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT: ESTABLISHED BUSINESSES RETAINER OPTIONS
Recent Graduates Program
We offer a discount for “recently graduated” new businesses that were incubated in our “Rocket Boosters” program (again, clients can easily opt out of some services, such as content creation for blogs or newsletters or video blog production in order to reduce the monthly cost).
The “Rocket Boosters: Established Businesses” program includes:
*Maintenance and Long-Term Growth Meetings.
At the beginning of this contract, we set a standing appointment for a certain time to meet each month (i.e. 11 am on the second Tuesday of each month). At these meetings, we re-evaluate and refresh the marketing and advertising plans based on the previous month’s numbers, the current states of the economy, politics, competition, etc. Data collected regarding the effectiveness of the previous month’s marketing and advertising efforts is taken into consideration. Ineffective efforts are tweaked or trashed while effective efforts are expanded. Based on the numbers, we brainstorm ways to reach segments of the target market that have not responded to previous efforts. Realistic but ambitious daily, weekly and monthly goals are set for the following month.
*Website maintenance and SEO (Search Engine Optimization) are important elements of this phase. SEO work keeps the client’s website near the top of search engine results, keeping it relevant.
*Copy writing for blog and newsletter
*Press releases. When we have a newsworthy reason, we’ll write a press release
*Video blog/clip production assistance.
*Event Planning. For clients who have local customers and who sign a minimum of a one year contract, Adbongo includes complementary event planning plus party expenses for one customer appreciation event per year, as a token of gratitude (client is responsible for the cost over a pre-set limit, with this budget approved in advance). This party serves the benefits of allowing our client to show appreciation for their customers while also allowing Adbongo to show appreciation for our client.
Business Development: Established Businesses (retainer option)
For the “Rocket Boosters” treatment, we revisit many of the same pre-opening procedures we employ for start-ups during the first month.
*As a starting point, we utilize the services of mystery shoppers and focus groups.
During the first month, we also assess, evaluate and make recommendations regarding:
*the business plan. We rake through the business plan and compare it to actual operations. With the help of financials and owner & staff testimonials regarding what’s working and what’s not, we revise certain elements and suggest additional ideas to incorporate into the plan to make the whole operation stronger.
*the marketing and advertising plans. If clients have previously written marketing and advertising plans, then we dissect them and find out where they are successful and where they’re not. We write, re-write, re-form and mold anew accordingly. We make sure solid short and long-term goals are a part of the picture, and we mark calendars for the future monthly and yearly dates when the outcome of these targets will be evaluated. Additionally, we add elements which are relevant to the client’s business but which have been previously overlooked, such as newsletter, social media, video blog, etc.
*the website and/or blog. If tracking data is available, we examine it to determine the effectiveness of the sites. We update and improve as necessary, and we install our analytics system so that we are able to gather highly specific hard data in the future.
*where appropriate, we monetize the website and offer the client’s products as online affiliate ads.
*customer management system. Many businesses do not have adequate customer management systems. Where not present, we implement our system.
*research and competition. We conduct extensive research into the local competition and into the large-scale state of the industry. We compare client’s business with our findings and refine operations accordingly.
Following this initial research and revision stage, clients move onto the “Maintenance and Long-Term Growth” stage described for start-ups. Like start-ups which sign one year contracts and for which it is relevant, we offer to plan and throw one customer appreciation event a year. Also, retainer referrals win the client a ten percent discount for a period of one year.